Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring into Positive Change

Happy Easter!  Another day to express gratitude for BEING!  An opportunity to connect with our loved ones.  A season to cleanse and to allow recreation. 

When we look at our lives, the natural rhythm is to have mountains and valleys.  To have joy and anger.  To have peace and to suffer.  It's what makes us all human.  We all have experienced these feelings at some point and our personal stories help connect us. We get to choose how long we want to stay in these valleys.  Through mindfulness and self-compassion practices, we are able to minimize the time we spend suffering and maximize our time for peaceful growth.  When I'm in a "valley," I always turn to repeating "This too shall pass."  It does.  Failure is non existent because everytime we fall we have the opportunity to get back up.  Failure is in our mindset when we don't believe in ourselves.  It is not a fact nor reality.  If we choose to believe in ourselves, then everything becomes a lesson or a message to help us grow. 

How do we grow?  How are we planting seeds for our personal development? What are we doing to blossom into our best selves?  

Thrive Tip
Spring into Postive Change Exercise 
  1. Write down 2-3 different challenges in your life.  How did you overcome them?  How did that experience recreate you?
  2. From these challenges, what specific strengths did you realize you had?  Perserverence? Patience? Etc.  How can these strengths move you forward toward your goals today?
  3. Create a Vision Board!!!  Spring is a time for rebirth and recreation.  Manifest what your heart desires and goals by creating a vision board.  I have 2 because everything on my first one has happened!  It's a fun activity you can do with your family and friends. 
    1. Collect several magazines from different interests that appeal to you.
    2. Cut out pictures that symbolize what you want.  There is no limit or rules!  
    3. Post these pictures on a big poster board.   Some people like to put it away, others like to display it for inspiration.  I have mine in the Helpful People, Blessings, and Travel Bagua of my home (Feng Shui).     

Power Thought
 
"Every thought I think is creating my future.
The universe totally supports every thought I
Choose to thnk and believe.
I have unlimited choices about what I think.
I choose
balance, harmony, and peace, and I
express it in my life."
- Louise Hay
 
Want to learn more about more about making positive shifts in your wellbeing? Visit my website at www.deirdramartinez.com to learn more about Wellness Coaching.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment